How to Make a Heart Shaped Valentine Cake
You don’t need a heart shaped cake pan to make a heart-shaped Valentine cake – just improvise with more readily available square and round cake pans.
by Jane Lake
8 or 9 inch square cake pan
8 or 9 inch round cake pan
homemade or purchased cake mix and icing for two cakes
Valentine cake decorations – heart shaped sprinkles, chocolate kisses, cinnamon hearts, conversation heart candies etc.
What You Do:
1. Prepare and bake a square cake and a round cake. Let both cakes cool.
2. Cut the round cake in half.
3. Following our diagram, place the square cake on a plate or serving board so that it becomes a diamond shape.
4. Position the two half circle cakes, as shown, on either side of the top part of the diamond to form a heart-shaped cake. Cut and trim, if needed, to make the cake sections fit together properly.
5. Cover the cake with icing and decorate as desired.