Here’s how to ice and decorate eyeball cupcakes for your Halloween festivities.
by Jane Lake
- 1 package of cake mix or your favourite cupcake recipe
- 1 package of frosting mix, premade frosting, or your favourite white frosting recipe
- muffin tin
- paper cupcake liners – preferably Halloween theme, orange, or black
- orange or red decorator icing – either ready-made in a tube applicator, or make your own colored icing and use an icing bag and an appropriate tip for line decorating
- round candies with a hole in the middle such as lifesavers
- black jelly beans or similar small candies to use as the eyeball’s pupil
Line the muffin tin with papers.
Prepare your favourite cake mix and fill each cupcake paper about two-thirds full. You want to make large, domed cupcakes for the best effect. Bake cupcakes according to the mix or recipe and let cool completely.
Use a spatula to apply white frosting to the top each cupcake.
Place one colored, round candy in the centre of each cupcake as the iris of each eye.
Set a black jelly bean, or other suitable candy, in the centre of each iris. If necessary, cut the jelly bean to get a piece small enough to fit inside the candy circle.
Use red or orange decorator icing to draw bloodshot veins from the iris to the edge of the eyeball. These lines should be a little squiggly for the spookiest Halloween effect; check our photos for details.