Memory Blue Jean Tote to make from old blue jeans, leftover fabric scraps, ribbons, and buttons.
Design by: Laura Koob
Get out those old or ripped blue jeans the family has laying around. You can turn them into a memory tote to store books or use when you go shopping.
Everyone in your family will be remembered with this tote.
- Sewing machine
- Old ripped or stained blue jeans
- Leftover 100% cotton fabric scraps
- Leftover trim and buttons (optional)
1. Pick out your old blue jeans and remember to have a pair for everyone in your family. Start cutting pieces of jeans and pockets to put outside and inside your tote.
You can add buttons, trim, and fabric photos (photos of the family or art work) for more interest.
2. Decide on the size of your tote. A rectangle shape is nice for easy sewing. You can make a lining out of the old jeans or just use 100% cotton fabric.
Start piecing the jeans and fabric together using zigzags. Make sure you go over the piece twice because this will help make it stronger for wear and washings.
3. You can add straps with the blue jean material.
4. Have fun making your memory tote and enjoy years of use.
About the designer and author:
Laura Koob is an original artist who has images of her work throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. She is a self-taught artist who works with painting, sewing and photography and has copyright images dating back to 1983.