Last updated on February 24th, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Those sturdy jean pockets live on long after the jeans have died, when you recycle them into practical and pretty denim pocket magnets. Stick one on the fridge to store scraps of note paper and a pencil for jotting those quick reminders; make another to tuck in your current store coupons.
By Jane Lake and Twila Lenoir
Don’t forget to make a few of these for the students in your home – they make great locker magnets too!
- denim jean pockets cut from old jeans
- fabric paint
- lace trim
- ribbon flowers (optional)
- fridge magnet
- hot glue or craft glue
1. Carefully cut the pockets from the jeans.
2. Beginning and ending at the back, glue lace trim around the top of the pocket.
3. If desired, glue a small ribbon rose to each top corner.
4. Write “Coupons” or “Notes” or whatever you wish on the front in fabric paint, following the manufacturer’s directions.
5. Glue a magnet to the back of each denim pocket and stick the fridge. Enjoy!