Dachshund Love: Eco-Craft
By Laura Koob
This Dachshund craft, made from a recycled paper towel roll, is a creative way to decorate for Valentine’s Day and a great craft for dramatic play.
The Dachshund dog is very affectionate. Making memories is the best gift to give children.
- Tissue paper rolls or paper towel tubes
- Colored construction paper or sticky felt sheets
- Cotton balls
- Craft eyes
- Paste or glue gun
1. Take brown or black construction paper and roll over the paper roll and glue. You could also use sticky felt to cover the paper roll. (The felt has a nice soft feel to it!) This is the main body of your dog. Cover one end shut with the construction paper or felt. If you want to make your dog long use two paper rolls for the body. You could leave the roll empty or stuff with cotton balls.
2. Make two shapes for the head and glue onto body. Then add two long ears. Decorate the face adding two craft eyes and a nose at the tip of the face.
3. Add four paws out of brown or black paper or felt and glue to bottom of body. Then attach a nice long tail.
4. Make a bone or a scarf out of construction paper or foam and add a message.
5. For creative fun make your dog a bowl out of a bottle cap and a dog bed out of felt. You could also make paper or felt scarves for your dog all year long with different messages.
[one-half-first]About the designer and author:
Laura Koob is a self-taught artist who works with painting, sewing and photography and has copyright images dating back to 1983.