Recycling: Paper Roll Turkey
By Laura Koob
This paper turkey is a creative way to decorate for Thanksgiving. A nice decoration for a child’s bedroom or to put at the children’s table for the Thanksgiving feast.
This is a fun craft to do with your children or to keep them happy on a day of boredom.
- Tissue paper roll
- Colored construction paper
- Paste or glue
- Take brown construction paper and roll over the paper roll and glue. This is the main body of your turkey.
- Make a circle for the head and glue onto body. Then decorate the face.
- Add two feet out of brown or yellow paper and glue to bottom of body. Cut out two wings and glue to the sides of the turkey.
- Make a fan of colored feathers out of construction paper or craft feathers. Take the turkey body and glue or staple to back.
- Have fun and if you want give your turkey a hat.
About the Author: Laura Koob has a background in Early Childhood Education and loves to open the world of art to children and adults.