designed by Annabelle Keller
Typical Project Completion Time: 1-2 hours (does not include drying time)
Use a pretty demitasse cup as the inspiration for this rose topiary in a teacup. Choose flowers to match the cup design, and assemble the complete topiary in one to two hours, for a unique decorative home accent.
STYROFOAM* Brand Products:
Balls, 1-1/2″ and 2″
Demitasse cup, with or without saucer
Silk flowers, assorted small flowers to match cup
Silk flower stem, 6″ length (model used rose stem)
Ribbon, 1/2 yd x 5/8″, wire edge
Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
Insert and glue 1″ of silk flower stem in 1-1/2″ ball.
2. Cut flowers from stems and glue to 1-1/2″ ball; continue until ball is covered.
3. Place 2″ ball in cup; if needed, flatten sides to fit. Flatten top of ball so it’s level with rim of cup. Glue in place.
4. Insert and glue 1-1/2″ of flower stem in foam ball in cup.
5. Cover foam base with green moss.
6. Make two-loop bow with center knot. Secure with floral wire. Wire bow to the topiary stem, under center front of ball; glue in place.
Project reprinted courtesy of The Dow Chemical Company, Manufacturer of Genuine STYROFOAM(R) Brand Foam.
For more free project ideas, please visit www.styrofoamcrafts.com
*Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company