Craft Foam Eraser Board with Ladybugs
by Jane Lake and Twila Lenoir
Make a frame for a white eraser board from craft fun foam, then decorate with two easy-to-make craft foam ladybugs or our heart-shaped craft foam fish, puppy or kitten critters.
craft fun foam sheet in your choice of color for the board frame
wipe off white eraser board (smaller than the fun foam sheet)
wipe off eraser marker in any color
cardboard (the side of a cereal box works well)
black chenille stem or pipe cleaner
permanent black marker
string and glue
1. Cut cardboard to the same size as a full sheet of craft fun foam.
2. If you wish, you can cut a square from the middle of the fun foam, a little smaller than the eraser board, so you can use this piece for another project. If you don’t want to do this, then simply skip this step.
3. Glue the white eraser board to the center of the fun foam sheet.
4. Punch a hole in the top corner of the fun foam with a paper punch. Thread a string through this hole and fasten in place with a knot. Glue the other end of the string around the wipe off marker pen to keep it handy.
6. Make two craft foam ladybugs (ladybirds, if you come from England), or two of the heart shaped critters, and glue them to the corners of your project.
7. Curl a black chenille stem around the marker pen like a spring, then slide it off the pen and glue it to the board. This will make a holder for your pen when you are finished writing your notes.
8. Optional: Add a short length of string to the back, as a hanger, or glue on some sturdy magnets to attach your fun foam white board to the fridge.