by Jane Lake
You can use any worsted weight yarn scraps for these Christmas bells, but sparkle yarns or metallic yarns have that extra bit of shine to catch the fairy lights.
- Crochet Hook size 4.00mm
- Patons Brilliant Crystal Cream yarn
- red worsted weight yarn
- brass jingle bells
1. Ch. 4, join with slip stitch.
2. Ch. 1, 2 sc in each chain, join with slip stitch. (8 stitches)
3. Ch. 1, 1 sc in first stitch, 2 sc in next stitch, (sc 1, sc 2 in 1) around, sl st to close round (12 stitches).
4. Repeat Round 3 once (18 stitches).
Rounds 5 – 11. Ch. 1, sc in each stitch, sl to close round (18 stitches).
12. ( Ch. 1, sc in next 2 stitches, 2 sc in next st., (1 sc in next 3, 2 sc in next stitch) around, sl to close round.
13. Repeat row 12.
Hanger and Bell
Attach yarn to top center of bell and make a chain long enough to form a hanger. Fold the chain over to make a loop and slip stitch to the top of the bell. Pull yarn through to wrong side, and form a chain long enough suspend the brass bell just below the bottom of the bell. Tie bell to the chain. Fasten off.
If you want to trim the bottom of the bell in a different color, change yarn on row 12, or just for the final row.