I’m making yarn ornaments for this year’s Christmas tree, and these little crocheted wreaths are part of my collection.
By Jane Lake
- Crochet Hook size 4.00mm
- Patons Brilliant Crystal Cream yarn
- green worsted weight yarn
- optional: small crystal beads in green and red
If making a beaded wreath, thread 8 beads onto yarn, alternating red and green beads. Slide beads down yarn until ready to work into wreath.
1. Ch. 8, join with slip stitch.
2. Work 16 sc into ring, join with slip stitch.
3. 2 dc in each of stitch around, join with slip stitch.
Note: If making a beaded wreath, work Round 3 as follows:
2 dc in first stitch. *Bring bead up the yarn, to the top of last dc. Hook yarn just past the bead, then work 2 dc in each of next two stitches. Repeat from * around, until all 8 beads are placed on wreath. Join with slip stitch.
4. Sc, ch. 3, all around, ending with a sc, join round with slip stitch.
5. Make a chain long enough to fold over as a hanger. Slip stitch to secure chain, tie off. Weave remaining tail of yarn back through a few stitches and cut close to work.