Last updated on November 10th, 2021 at 12:04 am
Paper Towel Christmas Tree Craft
NC)- Kids love crafts, especially during the holidays. Let them help decorate the house with simple and fun crafts that the entire family can enjoy.
This Bounty-ful holiday tree, using paper towels, makes for a festive decoration and with only five steps, it’s a perfect activity for kids aged five to eight.
- Bounty paper towels
- Plastic foam cone
- Green tempera paint
- Paint brushes
- Holiday bows
- Straight pins
You may also be interested in this Homemade Cinnamon Stick Christmas Tree.
1. Place Bounty paper towels on the table to keep it tidy.
2. Cut several Bounty paper towels into long 2.5 centimetre strips. Stack the strips on top of each other and tear into smaller sections.
3. Paint the Bounty paper towel pieces with green tempera paint and allow to dry.
4. Place one green piece over the tip of the cone and attach with straight pins – just make sure the straight pins are handled with care. Then move to the bottom of the cone and attach the pieces, moving around the bottom row. Repeat, moving up to the top of the cone.
5. Decorate the tree with “ornaments” by attaching coloured buttons with straight pins. Pin a festive bow to the top and place the tree on Bounty paper towels for a “snowy” presentation.
6. Painting can be messy. To help with the clean-up, wipe down all surfaces with paper towels – they have the strength, absorbency, and cloth-like durability to clean up the mess with ease.
More great craft ideas can be found online at BountyTowels.com.