Eternal Romance Papered Hearts
Designed by Diane Flowers
This romantic papered hearts craft project can usually be completed in two to three hours. There are so many beautiful scrapbooking papers available now that you are sure to find some lovely combinations. If you want the hearts to smell as beautiful as they look, carefully add a drop or two of your favorite essential oil to the silk rosebuds and let them dry before proceeding with the rest of the craft instructions.
Romantic Papered Hearts
What You Need:
STYROFOAM® Brand Foam:
Hearts, one each: 12″; 8″; 6″
Coordinating vintage-look scrapbooking papers, one 12″ x 12″ sheet each: stylish ladies collage; white flower garden; pink floral
Scrap paper, large piece or pieces
Silk flowers: mini pink rosebuds, seven; pink/yellow/cream hydrangea, two bunches;
pink/cream wax flowers, two stems
Dark green reindeer moss, one small bag
Wire-edged ribbon, 1/3 yd. each: pink satin, 1-1/2″; cream tulle, 4-1/2″
Floral pinsFloral shears
Pencil, ruler and scissors
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Thick, white craft glue
1. Fold tulle ribbon around satin ribbon and pin ends to top back edges of 12″ foam heart to create hanger. Secure floral pins and ribbon ends to foam with hot glue.
2. Trace smallest foam heart onto collage paper, positioning woman’s face near center as shown. Cut out paper heart and glue to foam.
3. Repeat Step 2 twice more, using pink floral paper for 8″ foam heart and white floral paper for 12″ foam heart. Trace 12″ heart onto scrap paper; cut out paper heart and glue to back of foam shape.
4. Center and glue hearts together as shown, smallest to largest. Use glue gun to cover exposed foam edges with reindeer moss; trim excess with scissors.
5. Use floral shears to trim all flower stems. Insert three rosebuds into top center edge of 6″ heart. Insert hydrangea bunches into top center edges of two largest hearts. Refer to photo to insert wax flowers and remaining rosebuds into top heart edges to create pleasing arrangement.
For more free project ideas, please visit www.styrofoamcrafts.com