Last updated on December 25th, 2015 at 11:40 pm
Recycled Vinyl Record Bowl
by Jane Lake
If you don’t have an old record collection, you can buy records very reasonably at thrift stores and yard sales.
These nostalgic vinyl record bowls make wonderful curvy and scalloped bowls for potpourri – or you can line them with a doily or paper coffee filter and use them at parties to serve chips and crackers.
- old vinyl record album
- large ovenproof bowl
- oven gloves
1. Preheat the oven to 150° degrees.
2. Place the record on top of a large bowl turned upside down and carefully place in the oven.
3. Heat for about five minutes, or until record begins to soften and melt.
4. Wearing oven gloves, quickly remove from the oven. Flip the bowl the right way up and press the record into it so that it takes on the bowl shape. You’ll find that the sides will curl in a fluted design, similar to the bowl in our picture.
5. While the record is hot and pliable, you can adjust the shape to your liking. If necessary, reheat for a short time to make adjustments.