Last updated on November 28th, 2019 at 04:30 pm
How to make a playful, multi-colored paper pinwheel wreath.
Use up leftover squares of scrapbook paper to make playful pinwheels for this project.
Paper pinwheels are fun to make and look lovely in this pretty paper pinwheel wreath.
Designed by Kathleen George
STYROFOAM® Brand Foam:
Round Face Wreath, 12″ x 2-1/2″ x 1″
Red acrylic paint
Single- or double-sided scrapbook paper assortment, including one sheet of solid red
Red grosgrain ribbon, 1″ x 8″
Medium flat paintbrush
Scissors and/or paper trimmer
Craft knife with sharp blade
Circle punch, 1/2″
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
1. Paint foam wreath red; let dry.
2. Cut ten 5″ squares from double-sided paper. If you are using single-sided papers, paste two sheets together back to back before cutting squares, then let dry.
3. To create pinwheels, refer to Diagram 1 in our downloadable PDF Pinwheel Pattern.
Use pencil to mark 2-1/2″ lines from corners of paper squares toward centers. Use a craft knife and metal-edged ruler, or other cutting tool, to cut paper squares along these lines, but do not cut all the way to center. Bring left corner of each side down to center and secure with glue gun.
4. Punch ten 1/2″ circles from solid red paper and glue to centers of pinwheels. Glue pinwheels side by side to wreath.
5. Glue ribbon ends together to create hanging loop and, finally, glue ends to top center back of wreath to make a hanger.
Project reprinted courtesy of Dow.com
Leave a Reply