Last updated on February 21st, 2016 at 12:22 am
How to Decorate a Felt Easter Egg or Make an Easter Egg Pouch
By Twila Lenoir
This egg-shaped felt pouch is easy to trace from our free pattern, then to cut and glue together. The best part is the creative decorating that you can add to the front. Once you are finished this Easter craft project, fill the pretty pouch with Easter stickers or some candies.
- your choice of felt in Easter colors
- your choice of decorations – sequins, beads, buttons, rick rack, ribbons or fabric paint all work well
- printed Easter egg pouch pattern
- glue (tacky glue works well)
1. Print and cut out our free Easter Egg Pouch Pattern.
2. Trace the pattern onto felt twice, and cut out the two egg shapes. Take one of these egg shapes and cut a slit in the center as shown in the pattern. This will be the back of your pouch.
3. Decorate the other egg shape. Some suggestions that you might use for decorations include beads, confetti, rick rack, ribbon, fabric paint, glitter, rhinestones or sequins.
4. Glue around the back edges of the egg shapes and press the two egg shapes together. Let dry.
5. Fill with Easter candy or stickers.
Leave a Reply