How to Make Rolled Beeswax Candles with Beeswax Sheets
Beeswax candles are absolutely wonderful! A soft, warm glow, complimented by an incredibly sweet scent make Beeswax candles a must for around the house. Beeswax candles are quite simple to make, and something you can do together with the kids. Good wholesome fun for the whole family!
1. Roll out the Beeswax sheet on your work surface.
2. Cut a length of wick, approximately two inches longer than the width of your Beeswax sheet.
3. Place the wick along the edge of the Beeswax sheet, and fold the sheet approximately 1/8 of an inch over the wick. Be sure to press down on the sheet to make sure the wax completely surrounds the wick.
4. Once the wick has been secured in the Beeswax sheet, it is time to start rolling. Be very careful not to damage or disrupt the honeycomb pattern on the wax. Roll the candle slowly, and be sure to keep it straight.
5. Once you have reached the end of the sheet, gently press down on the exposed edge to ensure that your candle does not come apart.
6. Pick which end you feel will make the best “top” and trim the wick down to approximately ½ inch. Also remove the exposed wick completely from the other end.
You now have some wonderful beeswax candles that will provide you with hours of warmth and light! They make wonderful gifts, and your children will take great pride in having made them. These candles will add comfort, elegance, and tradition to your home or work space.
Beeswax candles have been used since the early 14th century, and they are still preferred by many due to their sweet, natural aroma. Beeswax candles are long lasting and clean burning. The American Lung Association has stated that burning paraffin candles can emit small amounts of toxins such as lead, benzene, and mercury into your home.
As an alternative, they recommend using beeswax candles to light the way. I wholeheartedly agree!