Last updated on November 16th, 2015 at 01:55 am
by Twila Lenoir
What You Need:
M&M mini container
lip balm recipe
18 inches of thin craft wire
hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Maybe the easiest step of all – eat the M&M Mini’s to empty the container, then peel off the wrapper.
2. Sand the container so the paint will stick well. Paint in your favorite color and let the paint dry.
3. Take a piece of thin craft wire and bend one end into a small loop so that the beads won’t fall off. Thread some beads on, bending the wire as you add each bead. Bend the end of the wire into a small loop.
4. Younger children will need help with this step because it involves using a hot glue gun. Heat up the glue gun and, starting at the top of the container (just below the lid area), hot glue the looped end of wire at the back. Allow the hot glue to set well before proceeding.
5. Twist the wire around the container until the end of the wire finishes up at the bottom of the back. Hot glue the wire in place.
6. For the lid, take a small piece of wire and curl it in a circle. Glue the wire to the middle of the lid, then glue a large big on top.
7. Take about a yard of necklace string and fold it in half. Wrap the looped end around the container lid bracket, then thread the two ends through the loop and pull them tightly to secure the string on the container. Thread both ends through the hole of a large bead and push the bead down the string a little.
8. Thread one end of the string through a smaller bead, push the bead down the string a little way, then knot the top of the string. Repeat with the other end.
9. Fill the container with your favorite homemade lip balm recipe. It’s very easy to make chocolate, berry or honey flavored lip balms. Now, when you need to take lip balm with you, you can just wear your M&M Mini Lip Balm necklace!