Last updated on June 16th, 2016 at 11:27 pm
Celebrate Mother’s Day by making a big bouquet of dryer sheet flowers in a rainbow of colors. Give to mom, grandma, sister, aunt…or to brighten the day for anyone special in your life.
by Twila Lenoir
You can either recycle already used dryer sheets or try brand new dryer sheets for this bouquet of dryer sheet flowers. We got ours at the dollar store.
- dryer sheets
- acrylic craft paints
- green chenille stems or pipe cleaners
- perfume or essential oil
- vase or jar
1. Take two or three dryer sheets and fold them lengthwise in an accordion (in and out), using about 1/2 to an 1 inch strips.
2. Fold in half and slip the top of the pipe cleaner through, then twist the pipe cleaner tightly. The rest of the pipe cleaner becomes the flower stem.
3. Here’s the fun part: pull the layers apart and watch a flower appear. Add a few drops of perfume or essential oil if your using used sheets or sheets with no fragrance.
4. Place a dollop of paint on a clean meat tray, and add some water. Gently brush the top edges of the flower.
5. Repeat the painting in different colors, if you like – make a big bunch of them and present them in a pretty jar or vase to mom or grandma on Mother’s Day, or for a special “I love you, Mom” present. Hey, why not go ahead and give them to dad too?