Last updated on February 28th, 2018 at 11:24 pm
These handprint spiders are a simple Halloween art project suitable to do with younger children or even toddlers.
by Jane Lake
You will need:
- white paper
- black craft paint
- white craft paint
- paint brush or cotton balls
1. Use a paint brush or cotton balls to apply black paint to your child’s palm and four fingers (omit the thumb).
2. Have your child make a handprint on white paper.
3. Turn the paper around, and make another handprint, overlapping the palm area.
4. Paint over any extra white areas in the spider body (the palm part of the the print) and let the spider dry.
5. Attach goggle eyes, or paint white circles for the eyes. Paint on a nice white smile.
6. You can cut out the spider if you wish, or hang it just as it is!