You Will Need:
- fluted fish bowl or ivy bowl
- glass votive or candle cup
- hemp twine
- tiny seashells (you can find these in the dollar stores, as well as at the beach!)
- small pieces of sea glass, star fish, rocks and driftwood (use whatever you have that fits the theme)
- play sand or sterilized beach sand
- small piece of wire
- small piece of dowel
- optional items as mentioned in instructions below
1. Hot glue the glass votive or candle cup in the center of your fish bowl or ivy bowl.
2. Pour in sand, to a depth of about 1/3 the depth of the candle cup.
3. Insert some of the sea glass and drift wood, rocks and shells on top and into the sand.
4. I paint a miniature picket fence in white, let dry, then brushed on some glue and dipped it into some sand, as if the sand had washed up onto the fence. If you choose to do this, place the little fence in the sand at an angle.
5. I also made a catcher’s net by making a small circle of wire, twisting the ends together. Leave enough wire at the end to insert into a small piece of dowel. Hot glue a small piece of onion net onto the hoop. Make a hole in the top of the dowel with a small nail, then remove the nail and hot glue the hooped net into the dowel. I chose to hot glue this little fisher’s net to the end of the fence.
6. Loop hemp twine around the neck of the jar, about three times, then tie in place. Hot glue some left over shells on the rope and pop your candle in and Enjoy !