Decorative Liquid Soap Pumps
Recycle old soap pumps and coordinate them with your bathroom using silk flowers and other inexpensive supplies.
- clear soap pump bottle
- clear liquid soap
- glass stones, marbles or coarse gravel*
- silk flowers
- (optional) plastic goldfish
1) Soap pump bottles can be purchased, or you can recycle clear bottles that come pre-filled with your favorite liquid soap. Begin with an empty soap bottle, or remove labels from pre-filled bottles and pour out about half of the soap from your bottle for later use as your bottle gradually empties.
2) Add glass stones to the bottom of the bottle, about 1-1/2 to 2″ deep. Marbles or pretty gravel could also be used as a base.
3) Now insert silk flowers cut to fit the size of the bottle. Small flowers, like lily of the valley, sweet peas, or violets, are very effective. Insert the flowers stem side down into the bottle, using the stem of the pump to push the bottom of the flower stem into the glass stones to secure in place.
4)Fill the soap bottle about half full with clear liquid hand soap and, if you want the aquarium look, add small artificial fish. Once the decorations are in place, fill the bottle to within 1 inch from top, allowing for displacement caused by replacing the pump.
You now have a custom made soap pump bottle that you can design to co-ordinate with your bath or kitchen color, decor, etc.
NOTE* if you use gravel, make sure the stones are larger than the hole in the pump dispenser tube or it will clog when you dispense the soap.
Coordinating Glycerin Soaps
For an added touch, melt some clear glycerin melt and pour soap and rinse your favorite soap mold. Cut the stem and part of the plastic holder of silk flowers to match those used in the pump. Place flower side down, stem facing you, into the mold. Cover with the clear soap and you have pretty, coordinating soaps to match.
NOTE … The bars will dry clearer if you cover the exposed area of the soap with a small piece of cellophane. To remove bubbles first spray soap with a slight spritz of rubbing alcohol and then cover with cellophane.