Last updated on November 25th, 2015 at 12:26 am
Santa Ivy Bowl Candy Jar for Christmas
By Jane Lake and Twila Lenoir
Place this glass bowl Santa in the hall, ready to hand out a treat to Christmas guests in your home.
The materials you need are common enough, but can you think of a nicer way to present an ivy bowl full of candy for Christmas?
Use our charming free Santa face painting pattern to make your own treat-giving Santa today!
- 4 inch glass bowl (these are sometimes called ivy bowls or fish bowls)
- 4 inch clay pot
- Model car paints(These paints are great for glass but they need turpentine for clean-up) in red, white, black and blue. You can also use glass paints if you that’s what you have around.
- Acrylic paints(Red and white)
- Peach wrapped candies
- Santa face painting pattern
- 1-1/2 inch wooden ball with a flat bottom
1. Paint the clay pot red and the rim white. Paint the wooden ball white too.
2. Now paint the glass ivy bowl mostly white and leave an opening in the front to paint on the face. For the pink nose and cheeks, you will have to mix white and a drop of red. They don’t seem to make model car paints in pink.
3. For the eyes, mix white with a drop of blue (I couldn’t find light blue either). Maybe if the model car paint manufacturers know we are using these paints for crafts they will make them in different colors – but then they will probably go up in price too, so let’s agree to keep it secret and just mix the colors!