by Twila Lenoir
The clam shell is a perfect natural dish on which to place the coins in your pocket change. It’s a wonderful gift for kids to make for Dad on Father’s Day, or Grandpa, or a special Uncle!
You’ll need a fair-sized clam shell – if you don’t have a beach near you where you can go hunting for clams, then use a shell from the stuffed clams that you can buy from the grocery store.
- clam shell
- acrylic paint in black, gold and silver
- three wooden beads without holes (or any large beads)
- hot glue or strong craft glue
- high gloss sealer – paint on or spray
2. Paint the wooden beads in gold craft paint. Let the shell and bead dry.
3. Glue the wood beads on the bottom of the shell. Space them equally apart in such a way that they become support “legs” for your clam shell change holder.
4. Paint silver and gold stars and moons on the shell, with little lines coming from the stars.
5. Paint the rim of the shell in gold or silver.
6. Lastly, spray or brush on a gloss sealer on both sides and let dry.