Designed By: Kathleen George
Typical Project Completion Time: 1-2 hours
(does not include drying time)
Baby’s First Ornament
STYROFOAM* Brand Products:
- 1 Ball, 3″
- Ball, 1″
- 1- 1/3 yd. of sheer fabric, pink or blue
- Thread, pink or blue
- Curling ribbon, pink or blue
- Ribbon roses, pink or blue
- Assorted baby charms (teddy bears, diaper pins, rattles, ID bracelets)
- Craft pins
- Thick white craft glue and/or low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
Craft Instructions:1. Cut 11″ diameter fabric circle; sew a running stitch 1″ from edge of circle. Place foam ball in center of fabric circle and pull thread, gathering fabric around ball. Wrap thread around gathered fabric to secure, leaving a 3/4″ circle of foam exposed; knot threads.
2. Arrange charms on ball (refer to photo). Glue flat charms to ball. For dimensional charms, glue or thread ribbons to charms and pin ends of ribbons under the ruffled fabric at top of ball. Glue ribbon roses to center front of ball.
3. Curl several lengths of curling ribbons; glue to top of ball.
4. To hang, knot a 6″ length of curling ribbon; push knot into exposed foam and glue.
5. Glue teddy bear to top of ball, covering exposed foam.
*Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company