Whimsical turkey decoration is easy to do with our free paper pattern, lovely to hang on the door or wall for Thanksgiving decorating!
by Twila Lenoir
- Felt (orange, red, yellow, white and brown)
- Large goggle eyes
- Tan paper twist
- Printable Turkey Hat Pattern
- Large straw hat
- Gold glitter paint
- A small piece of wire
1. Print out the turkey hat pattern and cut out all the pieces. Trace each piece onto felt in the desired colors (see our photo for color suggestions). Cut out all the felt pieces.
2. Glue on the turkey’s face to establish the center of your work. Glue felt feathers around the top of the hat, as shown. An alternative to felt would be real feathers that have been dyed for using in crafts.
4. Glue the two brown “hands” right next to the bib shape, on either side.
5. Make a bow out of the paper twist and fluff this up to make it nice and pretty. Glue in place.
5. Glue the yellow legs on the back of the hat.
6. Finishing touches — add swirls of gold glitter glue to the brown felt and feathers. One straight line is all you need for the feathers; any more, and they look more like leaves. Add some gold dots to the bow.
7. Lastly, secure a small piece of wire to the top back of the hat to hang from the door. Enjoy!