by Jenny Tomer
This is a great homemade gift for any pet lover, and it’s easy enough for kids to make with a little supervision.
- dog biscuits, kitty treats or other favors to represent the animal you will feature in the photo (for a bird, how about small seed bells, or other bird toys)
- 1 picture of your favorite animal
- acrylic paint- any color
- fine tipped marker
- craft glue
- paint brush- I used a small foam one as they don’t leave brush marks
- 5X5 inch piece of cardboard or photo matting- cereal boxes work great
- craft knife
- ribbon or magnet
1. Center your picture on top of cardboard and trace around it.
2. Use craft knife to cut out hole for picture.
3. Paint the front of the frame in the color of your choice.
4. Glue treats on to the frame.
5. On one of the treats or an open space on the frame write the animal’s name, plus the dates of birth and death if they are now little angels.
6. Spray or paint on sealer.
7. On the back side of the frame glue or tape the picture in place.
8. Add ribbon or magnet to the back to hang.